Lamb meat is already packed with flavour. Therefore, you won’t need much seasoning to make it right.
Some people prefer their lamb more rare while others like it more well done, so monitor the temperature and remove at desired doneness.
Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus 1 hour of marinating) Yield: Serves 4 or more
8 Lamb loin chops
½ Cup pesto
½ Cup feta cheese
¼ Cup 10% cream
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ Tsp salt
½ Tsp fresh ground black pepper
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Apple, Oak or Hickory
- In a bowl, toss the lamb chops in the pesto and make sure they are evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour to marinate.
- Place the lamb chops on a smoker rack.
- Set the smoker to 250°F using Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Apple, Oak, Hickory, or another milder wood.
- Smoke the lamb chops for around 2 hours or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches about 145°F, which is a nice medium rare. Some people prefer their lamb more rare while others like it more well done, so monitor the temperature and remove at desired doneness.
- During smoking, make the sauce by adding feta, cream, oil, salt and pepper in a blender jar. Blend until smooth and creamy. The consistency should be similar to sour cream. If needed, add a little extra cream during blending to thin the sauce.
- Remove lamb chops from smoker and serve with the creamy feta sauce.
By: Steve Cylka